Monday, April 30, 2012

Dayana Mendoza on Joining 'The Celebrity Apprentice': It's a Terrible Experience

dayana-mendoza-on-joining-the-celebrity-apprentice-it-s-a-terrible-experience Having kept her cool though she often got mocked by other contestants on "The Celebrity Apprentice", Dayana Mendoza could not say she had a good time participating in the game. The beauty pageant queen, who got the boot in the latest episode of the Donald Trump-hosted series, admitted, "It was a terrible experience, it was terrible for me."

Though so, she had no regret about signing up for the show. "I'm happy that I did it and I'm happy that it came out the way it came out, because I feel like my values and everything that my mom and my grandma and my dad taught me is reflected in my job and the way that I behaved," she explained, declaring that she "would be happy to do it" again, and "would do it the same way [she] did it."

One thing that might be upsetting for Dayana is when she was dubbed not smart by the other contestants. "It's frustrating that you keep trying to do your best and it's never recognized, and everything you say and do is always wrong," she recalled, before explaining, "When they don't want to work with you, it's annoying. It's an environment that nobody in any profession would like to be in. But you deal with the idea of being pretty must mean that you're being stupid."

On Lisa Lampanelli who often got angry at her, the former Miss Universe said she did not anticipate it. "I didn't know the people I was going to be playing with. But I guess it's coming out very well for me. I'm very appreciative of what everybody's been mentioning about me, because it's just making me look better every time they're opening their mouths," so she claimed.

Still, she thinks what Lisa did was not "professional or funny." She shared, "In the environment where we were working for our charities, I didn't know that she was going to be so explosive or that she would have such anger."

Asked what might have triggered the comedienne's anger, the Venezuela beauty said, "I don't know exactly what is her personal issue towards me, I would have loved to know. I think I've treated her better than anybody else on the show has. I just treated her with professionalism and to be honest, I feel that an adult woman needs to behave that way."

Dayana was fired by Mr. Trump after failing to get the respect of her team mates when doing the task to create a jingle for the Good Sam's Roadside Assistance Program. She made Clay Aiken frustrated as she tried to tell the "American Idol" alum how to sing.

AceShowbiz

 
News Update Users