Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tamra Barney: Cancer Scare Motivates Me to Remove My Breast Implants

tamra-barney-second-annual-chip-and-salsa-01 Tamra Barney offers more detailed account on why she decided to remove her breast implants. After PEOPLE shared a clip of her appearance on "The Dr. Oz Show", the star of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" took to her Facebook page to admit that lumps in her breast as well as cervical cancer had motivated her to go under the knife.

"My breaking point! why I was finally convinced I needed to remove my implants after years of thinking about it," wrote the 43-year-old reality star on Monday, April 9 along with a link to PEOPLE's article. "CANCER is a scary word and for the past year I felt like If I talked about 'IT' I would give it life and it would come back."

"Feeling lumps in your breast that need to be biopsied is scary and made me wonder if my implants could make it harder to detect breast cancer...and why take the chance? Removing my implants was a way of me taking back control of MY body mentally and physically," she continued on after noting that she's "going in for my second 6 month check up".

"When I say there were many reasons I why I removed my implants I mean it," Barney wrote in another long message. "For the past 5 years I wanted to remove them but I did not have the confidence or courage to do it. The best part of being in my 40's is that I started to feel more secure with my self and accepting of my body. I now work hard to keep my self healthy with diet and exercise."

"I love the way I look without my implants and do NOT miss them at all," she further stressed. "For those who keep asking me if I would have another baby the truth is NO. Doctor has warned me that even if I got pregnant at my age I probably would not be able carry a baby after the procedure I had.....we have talked about adoption and surrogacy if we feel we want more kids."

Barney has recently sat down with Dr. Oz to discuss why she had her breast implants removed on his TV show. "I have a long list of reasons why I had them removed. Starting with they always felt too big for my body," she said in a clip from its Thursday, April 12 episode. "I had a little health scare. ... I go to the doctor and I have lumps in my breasts and I had cervical cancer that had to be removed."

Admitting she panicked when hearing she had cancer, the mother of four detailed, "I really went through this like, 'What is going on with my body? What is going on?' I'm talking to my doctor about ... doing a hysterectomy, and I have lumps and I'm thinking, 'Oh my god. I needed to take over my body.' "

AceShowbiz

 
News Update Users